- About this Policy
- This Policy is valid as at 24th June 2018. This is version 1.0 of this Policy.
- This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our members, how we use it and how we keep it secure and your rights in relation to it.
- We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (www.ico.gov.uk). For the purposes of the GDPR, we are the “Controller” of all personal data we hold about you.
- Who are we?
- We are Westfield Table Tennis Club. We can be contacted at Westfield TTC, Weavers Academy, Weavers Road, Wellingborough, NN8 3JQ
- Tel: 07734 104060
- What information we collect and why.
|What we collect||Purpose of Collection||Legal Basis|
|Member’s name, address,telephone numbers,e-mail, address(es).||Managing membership of the National Governing Body||Performance of the contract with you and for the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating the Club/League.|
|The names and ages of the member’s dependents||Managing the Member’s and their dependents’ membership of the Club/League||Performance of the contract with the Member.|
|Emergency contact details||Contacting next of kin in the event of an emergency||Protecting the Member’s vital interests and those of their dependents.|
|Date of birth / age related information||Managing membership categories which are age related||Performing the Club’s/League’s contract with the member|
|Gender||Provision of adequate facilities for members.
Reporting Information to Table Tennis England
|For the purposes of our legitimate interests in making sure we can provide sufficient and suitable facilities (including changing rooms and toilets) for each gender.
For the purposes of the legitimate interests of Table Tennis England to maintain diversity data required by funders.
|The member’s Table Tennis England membership ID||Managing competition and event entries and results.
Publishing results and ranking
|For the purposes of our legitimate interests in holding competitions and events for the benefit of members. For the purposes of our legitimate interests in promoting the Club/League.
For the legitimate interest to providing relevant tournament and player information to Table Tennis England and providing communications to players.
|Photos and videos of members||Putting on the website and social media pages and using in press releases||Consent. We will seek the consent on member’s application form and each membership renewal form. Members may withdraw their consent at any time by contacting us by e-mail or letter with no penalty.|
|Member’s name and e-mail address||Creating and managing a members directory listing (which is not published online).||Consent. We will seek the consent on member’s application form and each membership renewal form. The member may withdraw their consent at any time by contacting us by e-mail or letter with no penalty.|
|Member’s name and e-mail address||Sending Newsletters and Key information||Consent. We will seek the consent on member’s application form and each membership renewal form. The member may withdraw their consent at any time by unsubscribing on any email or by requesting unsubscription by any other recordable means. This is done with no penalty.|
|Coach’s name address, email addresses, phone numbers and relevant qualifications and/or experience||Managing the coaching at the Club/League||For the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring that we can contact those offering instruction and provide details of coaches to members.|
- How we protect your personal data
- We will not transfer your personal data outside the EU without your consent.
- We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction.
- Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- At this time, no payments are taken online for any services or offerings therefore we do not put your personal data at risk in this respect.
- We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
- Who else has access to the information you provide us?
- We will never sell your personal data. We will not share your personal data with any third parties without your prior consent (which you are free to withhold) except where required to do so by law or as set out in the table above or in paragraph 5B below.
- We may pass your personal data to third parties who are service providers, agents and subcontractors to us for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (e.g. to print newsletters and send you mailings). However, we disclose only the personal data that is necessary for the third party to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own purposes.
- How long do we keep your information?
- We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as you are a member of the Club/League and for as long afterwards as it is in the Clubs’/Leagues’ legitimate interest to do so or for as long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- We will review your personal data every year to establish whether we are still entitled to process it.
- If we decide that we are not entitled to do so, we will stop processing your personal data except in that we will retain your personal data in an archived form in order to be able to comply with future legal obligations e.g. compliance with tax requirements and exemptions, and the establishment exercise or defence of legal claims.
- We securely destroy all financial information once we have used it and no longer need it.
- Your rights
- You have rights under the GDPR:
- to access your personal data
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data corrected
- to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances.
- to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
- Tel:0303 123 1113.
- Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
- You have rights under the GDPR: